Did you know that taking a dead sea salt bath can help your skin look younger? I didn’t know this before. But according to many skin care experts, there are plenty of reasons why you should think about trying this. It’s said that by taking a dead sea salt bath every day, you can regenerate your skin from the inside out. Here are some of the benefits of dead sea salt baths and how they can help you look better:
– Eczema. If you have eczema, then you need to treat it right away! With this condition, dryness in the skin is one of its major symptoms. So if you don’t treat it immediately, then you may end up with scars or skin discoloration. The salinity of the dead sea salt in your bath water is about 33% which is about ten times stronger than regular sea water, making it ideal for eczema treatment. Just like with other skin conditions, using dead sea salt bath can help your skin look better in no time.
– Stress reduction. When you take a bath with dead sea salt, you will be able to reduce stress. High blood pressure is known to be caused by inflammation, so taking a relaxing bath with this salt is effective for those who suffer from this condition.
– Hydrated skin. People who want to look young on the outside as well as healthy on the inside are trying to get rid of their dead sea salt bath habits. By regularly taking a salty bath, you can keep your skin hydrated which helps prevent aging effects such as wrinkles and fine lines.
– Moisture retention. Another benefit of Dead Sea salt baths is moisture retention. Most people are dehydrated due to exposure to heat and the environment. Taking a relaxing bath with dead sea can replenish the moisture lost by dehydration. This makes your skin soft and supple.
– Cellulite reduction. Many people are looking for ways to get rid of unwanted fats, especially after childbirth. By taking a salt bath, you can help improve water retention and cellulite reduction.
– Itching and irritation. Many individuals experience itching and irritation after taking a long and hot bath. However, you may not know that one of the main causes for this is due to inflammation. During the hot and long bath, there is increased stimulation of your nerves resulting to extreme itchiness and irritation. To ease this discomfort, a few drops of dead sea salt can be used in the warm bath. This will reduce the inflammation.
The skin pores are usually very open and easily irritated. For this reason, you should consider using anti-irritants such as moisturizers and creams when taking a bath with dead sea salt to soothe the skin and prevent irritation. After the warm bath, you can apply a good moisturizer or cream to soothe the skin.
– Eczema. Although this is not a common skin condition, many individuals who have eczema found great relief by using these minerals. Most eczema patients find that they have less inflammation and redness after taking a Dead Sea salt bath. Not only does it soothe the skin and improve circulation, it also contains high amounts of trace minerals such as magnesium, sulfur, and potassium.
– Zinc. Dead sea salt has high levels of sulfur, calcium, and potassium, and these minerals have a high absorption rate in the blood stream. These minerals are essential in promoting healthy blood circulation, which is beneficial to individuals with circulatory problems. High blood circulation reduces swelling, improves oxygenation and nutrition in the blood, and helps the body eliminate toxins. Other benefits from using sulfur and potassium in water include improving digestion, promoting hair growth and softening the skin.
– Cellulite. The magnesium, sulfur, and potassium found in dead sea salt help to relax muscles and improve the tone of the skin. This results in a smoother appearance of the skin and less cellulite formation. Many people suffer from cellulite, and this condition can cause severe lower back pain, headaches, and even skin discoloration. By soaking in the water, you are able to relax muscles and release toxins, improving circulation and helping to rid the body of harmful toxins.
– Calcium. Many people with weak bones benefit from taking a Dead Sea bath. The calcium in the water helps to keep bones strong and prevents osteoporosis.